Monday, September 29, 2008

So...today went so much better...

...but that is because I had my tough kids in the morning, and they are still waking up and aren't too quick with comments AND my one student who talks non-stop (and I'm not kidding) was out sick today. So, we shall see how tomorrow goes...let's keep our fingers crossed. I am going to work on a rewards program, so I'm hoping that will help!

But, I wanted to share one thing that broke my heart today.
I stayed really late today, left at about 5pm (teachers usually run for the doors at 2:30) and the custodians were there cleaning the building and they are all very friendly. Well, one gentleman (from South America) started talking to me, asking me where I was from and telling me that I"m at a great school. He mentioned his family and his son and that he fought to defend our country. And I told him that he should be proud of him and he proceeded to tell me that he was killed on 9/11 at the Pentagon, 4 days before his 24th birthday. Broke my heart...it is closer to home now. And another teacher told me that there are students in our building that have lost parents or loved ones on 9/11. I live so close to DC and so many commute in, I guess I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. So anyway, my story of the day!

Hope to get pictures up tomorrow!

No comments: