Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Teaching Here I COME!

Well, it looks like I will be teaching sooner than later!

Last Tuesday I gave my two weeks notice and yesterday afternoon at 5:30, my boss came in and told me to pack up my stuff and basically said don't come back! I was shocked, but now I'm relieved. The people (some of) were great to work with, but the line of work was not for me. Too much math! yuck!

So, I enjoyed sleeping in this morning. I'm going to run over to HR at the school and turn in all my paperwork and hopefully I can start tomorrow or Thursday! Am I ready? No. But, the first couple of weeks, I'm going to just observe how the program I'm teaching works. It is a reading program for students who read below their grade level. So, I'm kinda fortunate b/c I won't have all the lesson planning I would have with a normal classroom b/c I have to follow a certain format.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on how things go!

No comments: