Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So far...so good!

Well, I have just completed day four of teaching and all is well!

I am teaching an 8th grade reading program called "Meeting the Middle" at Mattawoman Middle School. They have what is called a block schedule, where classes are 90 minutes long, they alternate which classes they go to, but attend Math and English everyday. School starts at 7:30 and ends at 2pm. I love it! Still adapting to the early early morning, but since school is only 20 minutes up the road, it isn't too bad.
And I love being home by 3pm, 4pm at the latest!

I was very excited when I met another teacher from Ann Arbor and heard that a couple other teachers were from MI! I'm going to go to a new teacher reception, so I hope to met some more teachers and maybe make some friends!

I will have to take some pictures of my classroom once I have it put together. It is very small, but I am fortunate that the most I can have in my room is 12!

So, I wanted to give a little update on how things were going!

One last thing:
I want to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to my dearest friend from college, Kelly, on the birth of their 4th child, Ashley Claire. Born September 21. Ashely joins big sisters Hailey, Shelby and brother Dylan. God's blessings Kel!

1 comment:

crazystegmamaof4 said...

:) :) Awwww, thanks for the thoughts and well wishes on the sweet, new daughter, Cil! You are a true friend and I feel honored to be mentioned on your lovely blog :) I'm still having a hard time believing I am now a mama of 4 kiddos (I still remember when I just had Hailey and you came to visit us and made us some yummy food :)), but God has been good to us and we feel truly blessed. Ashley is as sweet as they come with some fiestiness sprinkled in there :) We just adore her! Wish we lived closer so you could meet her in person! Love ya and thanks for being a great friend! :) Hugs, Kel :)