Friday, October 3, 2008

Week 2 is said and done with...

Well, I sort of survived this week. Monday and Tuesday went well...more like Monday went well. Tuesday, I was completely brain dead due to some feascos during the night that caused my sleep to be interrupted. So, needless to say, due to my exhaustion, I wanted a student to spell out s-e-c (short for second), but instead told her to spell s-e-x. Thank God it was my small class and they didn't catch on right away, but I was very embarrassed.
So, when I got home, I decided that I'd go right to bed...I was in bed by 9pm...but woke up at 4:30am with a migraine. I took my meds, but by the time I woke up an hour later, I still had it and it was bad! So, I called my mentor at school and she said not to worry, get better. Well, I had it all day and by the time Matt came home, he thought I should go to ER, so I did. We got there at 8:30, I did not get drugs till 11:30! It was horrible and I was mad. We did not get home till 3am and when 5:45 rolled around...school was not happening. I still had my migraine and so I called school again and I'm so glad I did b/c I slept till 2:30pm without getting up once! So, the drugs really drained me, but I felt so much better now!
I went back to school today, to find a desk for me...yeah! And my assistance moved the room, so we have a bit more room...still very cramped though. I wasn't totally ready for class...so I kinda winged it and it was fine. I had my big, bad class first and they were actually good! Then, I got a nice 3 hours of prep, in which I moved my desk and got organized and I laminated some posters and am now all settled in!:) I promise to take pictures next week.
So, now I am home alone this weekend. Matt went home to MI for Siena's alumni weekend. I was going to go with him, but since I was sick, I didn't want to stress over the drive, just to go to Siena's alumni weekend! So, tonight, I ventured out to Border's books...they were having educators night and I won a book bag full of cool books...and I bought a few books that I got 25% off of! Yeah!
The rest of the weekend is up in the air...but I really need to get school work done!
OK...have a great weekend!

No comments: