Saturday, August 2, 2008

I bought my wedding dress and all by myself!

Yup! I went to "Running of the Brides" all by myself after work on Friday and I bought my wedding dress! :) YEAH!

When I first walked in, I saw girls stripping down to their underwear and throwing on these dresses. My first reaction was...you've got to be kidding me! But then I started to look through the racks and racks of dresses, found a couple, found a mirror and set up camp! A couple, I had a hard time zipping up, so I asked people walking by and they were more than happy to help! This one girl goes, "You are brave to be here by yourself!"

I tried on this one, that I thought was the one, I called my mom for her advice, b/c originally I was going to wear her dress. She told me to do what I wanted to do. So I looked around some more and I found another dress! It was very pretty and I thought it was the one. I called my mom again and she told me again to do what I wanted to do. Then I called Matt b/c he was waiting for me to go to the movies and he told me to look around some more. So I did! AND I FOUND IT!!!!

I tired it on and I was struggling greatly with the zipper and this girl saw me and helped me zip it up! When I finally had it on, the people around me were telling me how beautiful it looked! So I walked to where there was more room and it was in a main isle and I gathered a crowd around me! This one girl I was talking with before when on had the 2nd dress on, she saw me and said she loved the dress and it looked a lot better than the other one. And then another woman asked me where my people were and I told her I just moved to the area and I was alone and she said "girl, you better buy that dress b/c it is perfect! Don't take your hand off of it b/c these girls are eying you for it!" So I went back to where my stuff was and people were still coming up to me and I knew it was the one. It fits perfectly! and the length is perfect!!!! I felt like a princess!

I'm very excited! And the best part of the whole thing is the price! It was only $250 and I looked online and it sells for $800!!!! Such a deal!

So it paid off for me to go to "Running of the Brides" after work, by myself!

1 comment:

Malinda said...

Hey you. I am so happy for you! Remember though that I did volunteer to change my airline ticket and come help you Friday. It appears you needed no help! Anyway, how exciting! Yippee! Miss you...Malinda