Saturday, December 6, 2008

Where do I begin?

I know I have been MIA, this teaching gig is tiring! But it is getting better as the days go on...I think?!
Anyway, the month of November we did not have one week of school where I was there everyday for a full day of school! We got voting day off, I was sick Veteran's Day, and then Thanksgiving. So this week was brutal! It went so slow and it was very painful! But I'm still alive!

Let me back up and give the highlights of November!
  • Malinda visited from MI and that was a blast!
  • We went home to MI for Thanksgiving. Which once all the drama cleared, was a great visit!
  • I got to see Malinda on her b'day.
  • I got to see Cynthia, my sister.
  • I got to see Pam and Tom and the kids for Thanksgiving.
  • I think I narrowed down the dress I want for my wedding.
  • I picked my colors!!! Truffle and Capri aka dark brown and light blue.
  • I had a fun dinner with Chrystal.
  • I spent time with Matt's family.
  • I have a wedding party....asked Malinda and Chrystal to be apart of my special day! And now my side is complete and I couldn't be happier to have everyones love and support!
  • I got to watch Matthew play hockey!
Our trip back to MI was a busy and fun-filled packed 4 days. It made me realize how much I miss MI, especially Lansing and all my friends and sisters and kids!

On a sad note. This past Tuesday night, Chrystal called me around 9:30pm telling me that Queens, her church, caught on fire that afternoon and her wedding is April 18th. I am so heart-broken for her! Queens is a beautiful church and is a very near and dear place for Chrystal. They are hoping that it will be restored by Spring and I am praying it will be done by Easter, since Chrystal's wedding is the week after!

Here are pictures from our Thanksgiving visit!:)
http://picasaweb.google.com/pjburch77/Thanksgiving2008#

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

That verse is from the first book of Peter. It is amazing how scripture truly softens the heart!

Thank you for your encouragement, understanding and prayers. I am still crying everytime I talk about the church, but getting a little better. :) Love ya!